The past two years of my life have been a whirlwind of new experiences. I married, moved across the country, and gave birth to my first child. Along the way, I have not only learned a great deal about myself, but have picked up some useful tips on friendship, parenting, and well… life.
1. When you find yourself pureeing peaches for your six month old…make Bellinis!
2. You CAN survive on four- hour blocks of sleep.
3. When you threaten to start stalking your friends, they will usually call you back. (I say “usually” because there is always one that I actually have to stalk!)
4. One hour to myself can seem like an eternity now that I have a child. It is something I look forward to more now than I ever did. I am not sure if it is the alone time or the eventual reunion with my child that makes it all worth it.
5. When you travel, the best places are often found when you stop looking for them.
6. Time out’s are for adults, not children.
7. The root of parenting is learning how to live in harmony with your child. It is not about “doing to” as much as it is about “doing with”.
8. The best food is not found in a box, a wrapper, or a bag; it is grown in your backyard, bought from local farmers, or sometimes even found on your daily walk.
9. Libraries are one of the greatest public resources we have. Use them!
10. Live life in the slow lane. Enjoy each moment, no matter how hard that moment may be.